On September 14-15, a Congress on habitual miscarriage of pregnancy was held in Kiev – “Eastern European meetings of professionals: habitual pregnancy losses”. Together with the company Extempore.info and the publisher of the scientific and practical journal “With care for a Woman”, the ISIDA clinic co-organized this extremely important event for Ukrainian doctors.
“Habitual miscarriage is an interdisciplinary problem that attracts a doctor like an unconquered mountain climber. To be a successful obstetrician-gynecologist, it is necessary to immerse yourself in the study of embryonic development, the male factor and preimplantation genetic research,” the organizers of the congress delivered such a message. The participants were invited to plunge into this issue in the traditional ProfiLab format: with reports, discussion panels, moderated interviews, workshops, as well as with specially allocated time for networking and professional discussion.
Well-known reproductologists of the world made their reports at the congress, including:
- Asher Bashiri – Professor, President of the World Congress on Miscarriage, Director of Maternity and Obstetrics at Soroka University Medical Center, Israel;
- Vasilios Tanos – PhD, MD, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Nicosia, Cyprus;
- Nikolay Grishchenko – Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of V.N. Karazin KhNU, Director of the Clinic of Reproductive Medicine named after V.N. Karazin. Academician V.I.Grishchenko, Ukraine;
- Nasser Al-Asmar – PhD, Scientific consultant and Molecular biologist of the Laboratory of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnostics of the IGENOMIX Clinic (Spain & Latam), Spain;
- Krzysztof Lukaszuk – PhD, MD, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Member of ASRM-ESHRE, Medical Director of INVICTA Fertility Clinic, Poland;
- Peter Sedlmayer – PhD, MD, Associate Professor at the Institute of Cell Biology, Histology and Embryology of the Medical University of Graz, Austria. Expert in reproductive immunology and prenatal diagnostics.
Specialists of the ISIDA clinic also took part in the Congress on Habitual Miscarriage of Pregnancy:
Ksenia Khazhilenko, Head of the ISIDA Clinic’s Miscarriage Treatment Department, who made presentations on “Thromboelastography for current hemostasis control: between risk factors and reality” and “Organization of the work of miscarriage treatment centers. Ukrainian and international experience”;
Svetlana Shiyanova, Head of the Infertility Treatment Department of the ISIDA Clinic – with the report “Fertility disorders: multifactoriality, modern diagnostic accents and rational therapeutic approaches”;
Julia Kremenskaya, Head of the Genetic Laboratory Center of the ISIDA clinic – with the report “Proper genetic testing for fertility disorders”.
One of the most important events of the congress was the visit to the ISIDA clinic by Asher Asheri, President of the World RPL Congress and head of the RPL Center. The purpose of this visit is to establish further cooperation with the clinic in general and, in particular, with the “Miscarriage Treatment Center”, which is starting work at the ISIDA clinic.
The Congress on habitual Miscarriage of pregnancy has become an excellent opportunity for the specialists of the ISIDA clinic both to share their own knowledge with foreign colleagues and to borrow their experience of treatment, further expanding the horizons of the clinic’s doctors in this direction.