/ / On the Independence Day of Ukraine, a 10,000th baby appeared in the ISIDA clinic!

On the Independence Day of Ukraine, a 10,000th baby appeared in the ISIDA clinic!

On the Independence Day of Ukraine, a 10,000th baby appeared in the ISIDA clinic!

His birth was a joy for both parents, Tatyana VTORUK and Dmitry MARTINENKO, as well as for doctors – indeed, everybody was waiting for this child for so long. Moreover, it was a double joy: the little Ivanko was born together with his sister Marichka.

Tatiana, are these kids your first?

Yes, they are very long-awaited kids. 10 years of waiting, six unsuccessful IVF attempts... Therefore, we decided that the seventh IVF would be our last. Fortunately, ISIDA has given us a miracle! In two years here, we have achieved the desired result. Our reproduction doctor is Kseniya HAZHYLENKO.

How the pregnancy and childbirth went for you?

It is difficult to deliver twins, of course. Nevertheless, ISIDA doctors have been supportive for me, answering all the questions - both in the daytime and at night. Kids were born beforehand on the fourth day of the 30th week with no preconditions on it. Probably for patriotic reasons, they decided to be born on Independence Day. It was a weekend, and since the childbirth was expected to be far away, we did not have any agreement with the clinic. I was very nervous about where I would bear and whether I could keep my children. However, ISIDA didn’t reject us and immediately made all the paperwork - physicians decided to perform a caesarean section and everything went good.

Which period was the most difficult?

Probably right after birth. Marichka weighed only 1 120 grams, and Ivan - 1260. The kids were taken to the intensive care unit, and I did not know what awaits us. This feeling cannot be transmitted by words! You've already seen your children, heard them, touched them, and then they were taken away... You stay in the ward and just wait – if they will survive ... It's very difficult.

The children were discharged after two months of rehab. How do they feel right now? Do you handle two tots?

I think it's fine. Marichka was discharged with a 2540 g weight, Ivan – with 2280 g. He had complications, so he did not gain weight for a long time. Now the son is a little weaker than the sister is. Nevertheless, the kids are so interesting - they already show their characters.

After discharge, my husband was on leave for two weeks - helping me with my children. Now my mother and mother-in-law are helping me alternately. That’s aright, we will handle this! The main thing is we are a full-fledged family now.

How did the relatives perceive the news about the replenishment?

As we have been working on it for so long and so hard before, we didn’t tell anyone at first. Until the moment we heard two young hearts beating on sonogram and made sure that everything was fine. It was a great surprise for everyone.

How did you react to the fact that Ivanko became a 10,000th baby born at the ISIDA Clinic?

Neonatologists informed us about this and the clinic manager presented a certificate for a "Weekend pediatric package" for both children. We are very happy. Now the kids will be able to undergo a complete medical examination: ultrasound, analyzes, consultations of specialists. This is relevant for us, because premature babies require special attention from doctors. During the two months that we actually lived in the clinic, doctors and nurses became almost relatives for us, and ISIDA became a second home for our kids. To be honest, the attitude of staff to patients in the department of neonatology was pleasantly surprising to us - the children were treated as relatives. We are grateful to the Head of the Department of Intensive Care Olena KHILOBOK-YAKOVENKO for her sincere compassion and help in trifles, even after discharge. It is so important in the most responsible period of life to receive help, support, and knowledge. Everything was the case with ISIDA.

During the two months that we actually lived in the clinic, doctors became almost relatives for us, and ISIDA became the second home.